REFRAMING THE UNCONSCIOUS MIND (2015 – 2021)
OTHER POEMS is a further development of the meta-series THE POEMS. Whereas THE POEMS have no titles, OTHER POEMS use titles to add another layer of meaning.
Despite over 150 years of psychology, the unconscious remains as vague and powerful as the gods it emancipated itself from. As a reservoir of our past experiences, it stores urges and feelings that we rationally have no access to. However some images can open these doors, trigger emotions and unlock memories. This is what OTHER POEMS are looking for.
Boris Eldagsen’s throbbing night-world imagery is like the ambrosia and nectar of the aesthetic gods. Likened (…) to 3-d holographic tarot cards, the imagery is really about the imagery behind the imagery, like a memory that is deeply situated way in the back of our subconscious minds.
Fridey Mickel, taz (Germany)
It almost feels like you are entering a David Lynch film (…. ) a mythical and futuristic load.
GUP Magazine (Netherlands)
Caspar David Friedrich and the likes would have appreciated this (…) an as dark as inspiring Gesamtkunstwerk.
Volkmar Draeger, Neues Deutschland (Germany)
Boris Eldagsen thwarts our senses and perceptions to bring us to a deeper reflection on the invisible (…) the door of the divine, of the absolute.
Agathe Torres, JBT (France)
His photographs felt as windows to my inner reality. They take you to limbo, an in-between dimension where you can’t distinguish between real and fictional, foreground and background, clear and blurry. Boris’ Poems gently made me realise that it’s darkness that really allows us to be free, to imagine, to see the unseen.
Anna Martini, Art Connect Berlin (Germany)
- Photospiel, Karl Oskar Gallery, Berlin / Germany
- Another Multiverse, Luisa Catucci Gallery, Berlin / Germany
- Multiverse, Luisa Catucci Gallery, MIA Photo Fair, Milan / Italy
- The Colour Out Of Space, Galerie 21, Hamburg / Germany
- Mystic, Karl Oskar Gallery, Berlin / Germany
- Was macht das Licht?, KA:OST, Frankfurt / Germany
- Close Encounters 3, IndieCork Film Festival, Village Hall, Cork / Ireland
- BYO Paper, Les Rencontres de la Photographie, Arles / France
- UFO VISUAL LAB, Galeria Szara Kamienica, Krakow / Poland
- The Marriage of Heaven & Hell, Vegesacker Geschichtenhaus, Bremen / Germany
- JUPF / Jadavpur University Photo Fest, Kolkata / India
- Singapore International Photography Festival, Singapore / SG
- The Light of the Night, Projektraum | Kommunale Galerie, Berlin / Germany
- I am drunk and you are insane, who is going to lead us home?, Fenster 61, Berlin / Germany
- Other Identity, Loggia della Mercanzia, Genoa / Italy